Meet our Master Blender, Debra Stoltzfus
Living healthfully and in tune with nature is something I’ve always pursued. Maybe it comes from growing up in rural Lancaster County, with the sights and smells of farm life and the simple lifestyles of the Amish and Mennonites.
I started down the wellness road by teaching exercise classes at gyms and spas as a certified aerobics instructor and training college sports teams. As my interest in wholeness grew, I became certified in a variety of skin care techniques, focusing on those that used natural products and methods. My private practice opened in 2004 under the name Inshanti Wellness Spa.
I know, Inshanti is an unusual name. But it has pure and powerful roots. “Shanti” is an Indian word meaning “perfect peace.” I placed the “In” in front of it—in perfect peace. When my clients come to my spa—where, of course, they can also buy my pure essential oils—I want them to leave feeling a deep inner peace, a tranquility that allows them to face whatever life brings with confidence and joy.
It’s what I hope for you, as well, when you use Inshanti essential oils. I added the personally created oils to my repertoire in 2008. I wanted my clients to reap the benefits of essential oils that have been known for thousands of years. But I was disturbed to learn that so many oils get watered down with cheap oils or even contain synthetic scents. To be sure of what I was getting, I would have to study chemistry, anatomy, and physiology so I could create the blends myself!
I studied the science of essential oils and their therapeutic properties through the Aromahead Institute’s Aromatherapy Certification Program approved by the National Association For Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) and the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA). I continued my studies in Aromahead’s Advanced Graduate Program, and to date I have completed over 400 hours of training there, which means I am Scholars’ Program Certified. And I kept on learning, training with world-renowned holistic medicine practitioners and chemists. Advanced Diploma in Aromatic Medicine from the ITHMA (Institute of Traditional Herbal Medicine and Aromatherapy), London.
To ensure purity, every batch of essential oils that I receive is first tested through gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC/MS). The GC/MS report of the oil’s properties also allows me to blend them in precise proportions to create products that allow you to live “Inshanti”—in perfect peace.
Five of my favorite essential oil products:
- Viral-D—I often suffer from sinus congestion, and Viral-D relieves the pressure
- Migraine Braker—Migraines plagued me for years, but this truly put the brakes on them, allowing me to function
- In Perfect Peace Oil Blend—Stressed out from traveling and studying, I created this blend for myself to bring harmony and emotional stability back to my life
- Sweet Dreams Oil Blend—I just love the aroma of this one, even though I have no trouble sleeping (but others tell me it’s allowed them to get off their sleeping meds)
- Delightful Body Butter—I spent many hours in my kitchen striving for the perfect proportions for this body butter so it would smell great and moisturize the skin; knowing it hits the mark gives me a sense of accomplishment
Now it’s your turn to discover your favorites—start shopping now!
Then use our Contact Us page to let me know which products you love!
Five fun facts about me:
- Born in Maine but raised and residing in Lancaster County
- A tomboy whose favorite childhood activity was catching frogs with my uncle in the swamps
- Had a pet raccoon as a child
- Raise English Labradors as a hobby—they’re my Prozac
- In the rivalry between Maine whoopie pies and Lancaster County whoopie pies, Lancaster gets my vote
My multitudinous certifications for those who are curious:
- International Advanced Diploma Course in Integrated Advanced Essential Oil Therapeutics for Common Clinical Conditions
- Nationally Certified Clinical Aromatherapist (NCCA)
- Scholars’ Program—Aromahead Institute
- Advanced Graduate Program—Aromahead Institute
- Advanced Chemistry of Essential Oils—Aromahead Institute
- Certified: Alliance of International Aromatherapists/served on the board of directors
- Certified: Manual Lymphatic Drainage (Dr. Vodder style)
- Certified: Anatomy, Physiology, and Histology
- Certified: AFAA Professional Aerobics Instructor (Aerobics and Fitness Association of America)
- Certified: Traditional Thai massage
- Licensed: Cosmetologist
Masters I’ve studied under
- Kurt Schnaubelt, Ph.D., a German-born chemist specializing in the chemistry of plant essences
- Howard Freund, Ph.D., a biochemist and expert in aromatic chemistry
- Raphael d’ Angelo, M.D., one of the first physicians in the U.S. to be board certified in the specialty of holistic medicine and who served as the medical aromatherapy educator for candidate physicians for the American Board of Medicine
- Rhiannon Harris RGN, MIFPA, from Provence, France, a registered general nurse and member of the International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists
- Andrea Butje, LMT, clinical aromatherapist and recipient of the Alliance of International Aromatherapists Lifetime Achievement Award, and the rest of the Aromahead Institute team
- Mark Web, BSc, MASCC, an expert in Australian essential oils and author of the book Bush Sense: Australian Essential Oils and Aromatic Compounds
As you can tell, my motto is “Never stop learning”! I look forward to sharing what I’ve learned with you through Inshanti Essential Oils.